Terms & Conditions, Shipping and Returns Policy
Shipping & Delivery
- We ship Australia-wide. For international customers, please contact us first for a shipping quote. Shipping charges are calculated automatically according to the size of the product/s and the shipping destination. We use a variety of delivery services depending on rates and shipping times. We may choose a different carrier from what was indicated depending on the time of the day the shipments are booked in. In-store pickup is free of charge.
Stock statuses and availabilityWe do our best to ensure that our stock counts are up to date, but mistakes can occur.
Items indicated as being “In Stock” means that they most likely available in-store and ready to ship, however errors in stock count may be present.
A realtime check of stock availability will be done before checkout, if an item is backordered you will be informed before checkout.
Items indicated as being “Available To Order” are not physically in our store, but may be ordered from our suppliers. Orders may be placed online, over the phone, or in-store. These orders take more time to fulfill, especially if they include products from an overseas supplier, or are on back-order. Items from local suppliers normally take a few business days to fulfill. Overseas suppliers may take from 10 days to several weeks to ship, especially for bulky items that need to arrive by sea. If you need your items in a hurry, please contact us for a delivery estimate. Some items may be drop-shipped direct from the supplier.
ETAs are an estimate only.
Returns, Refunds, and Replacements
- Please keep your receipt for warranty claims and returns. Retain original packaging (especially die-cut foam for telescopes and mounts) in to protect your product, and in case you need warranty repair and it needs to be shipped.
- Returns for change of mind will only be for store credit and will be accepted within 30 days. Goods must be in resalable condition and in original packaging. Proof of purchase is required. The buyer is responsible for shipping/drop-off. Excludes consumables such as cleaning accessories, publications (printed matter, stickers, books, maps, calendars, CDs, DVDs, software, and other digital media). Returns are not accepted for products containing single-use software such as the Celestron StarSense Explorer DX, Celestron microscope cameras, and telescopes that include Starry Night software. Assembled telescopes and Dobsonian bases are non-returnable except in the case where it was sold as an ex-display model. We reserve the right to refuse items that are not deemed to be in saleable condition and charge a re-stocking fee on certain items. Please contact us for assistance before returning goods. In order to be fair to all customers and prevent abuse of our change-of-mind policy, these terms are non-negotiable and we reserve the right to refuse multiple requests by the same customer to exchange goods.
- We operate under Australian Consumer Law (http://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/consumer-rights-guarantees/repair-replace-refund). If the product you have purchased has a problem, we will repair the item if the problem is minor. If there is a major problem, we will provide a refund or replacement. Sufficient time should be allowed as warranty repairs are done by the manufacturers and this is not within our control.
- For large and bulky items, please contact us for assistance in shipping the items back to us. We are not liable for items damaged due to being adequately packaged and handled.
Circumstances that are regarded as “change of mind” and are not eligible for a refund:
• You have decided to buy a different product than what was ordered.
• You have made a mistake on your part in choosing the product.
• You claim to make a mistake when ordering a product.
• You want to return the products for a refund in order to purchase from a competitor at a cheaper price.
• The product did not suit your needs or was no longer needed.
• You claim to be unaware of these published policies.
Deposits / Order Cancellation
- By paying a deposit or placing an online order you will be entering into a contract to purchase the products in the order.
- Some manufacturers' warranty periods:
- Celestron: 2 year manufacturer’s warranty
- Sky-Watcher telescopes: 5 year manufacturer’s warranty
- saxon telescopes: 5 year manufacturer’s warranty
- Meade telescopes: 1 year Australian warranty
- Bushnell Legend binoculars: Lifetime warranty, covers accidental damage
- Warranty does not cover intentional or accidental abuse, or misuse of a product unless otherwise stated. It will also not cover items that have been used for purpose other than for which they were designed. Warranty will be void if the internal components of any electronic device show evidence of being tampered with. Warranty will cover only genuine manufacturing faults. If a warranty claim is lodged, and it is found that user-error or user-misunderstanding contributed to the fault, the item will be repaired (if needed) and returned to you for a fee.
- Please provide proof of purchase when contacting us about returns and replacements. We do not honour warranty claims without proof of purchase.
- Orders placed online will be shipped the next business day if the item is in stock. Orders placed for items that are marked as “Available to Order” will be shipped out the next business day once the product has been received from the supplier.
- You can check the status of your order by logging into your account or by contacting us.
- Government tenders: please contact us to place your order.
- We accept the following payment methods in our webstore: Paypal, Credit Card, Bank Deposit. In-store, we accept cash, EFTPOS, Visa, Mastercard and Amex. There is no surcharge on credit card payments or EFTPOS transactions.
- We accept laybys—please contact us.
- If you would like us to hold or order in items for you a minimum 20% deposit is required, In the event of order cancellation the deposit will not be refundable, depending on the circumstances we may be able to convert the Deposit into a credit note that can be used to purchase other items.
- Orders cannot be cancelled for a refund if the products can be supplied. Only store credit can be provided. Any cancellations need to be Authorized by Sirius Optics Management.
- If we are unable to supply the products ordered we will contact you and offer alternatives, a refund is possible if no alternative can be found.
- Please check the warranty card in the product packaging for warranty information.
All prices are quoted in Australian Dollars. GST is included for all Australian Customers.