The ZWO narrowband O-III 7nm filter is designed for nebula observation allowing 7nm bandwidth of light centered on a wavelength of 500nm through, which corresponds to OIII emission lines, blocking out all other light. Adding the ZWO O-III Narrowband filter to your imaging collection will help you go beyond the RGB imaging and will help capture your favorite nebulas in a totally new light, no matter how polluted your skies may be!
- Hubble look of images can be made by the combination of H-alpha, OIII-CCD and SII-CCD, such as the famous “Pillars of Creation” (M16 Eagle Nebula)
- Narrowband imaging with SHO set (H-alpha, OIII-CCD and SII-CCD) can be done with the moon up in heavy light pollution, so your equipment is not sitting dormant for several weeks
- Glass Thickness 2.0+/-0.03 mm (1.25”/31mm/36mm)
- Fine-optically polished to ensure accurate 1/4 wavefront over the both surfaces
- About 90% transmission at major OIII line 500nm (OIII filter )
- Infrared wavelength 700-1100nm cut-off
- <0.1% transmission of off-band, OD3(Optical Density)