ASI174MM Monochrome Camera
The brand new ASI174MM CMOS Monochrome Imaging Camera is based on the Sony Exmor IMX174 2.35MP sensor with Pregius global shutter technology.
▶Sony IMX174 CMOS Sensor Features
- The Sony IMX174 monochrome CMOS sensor separates the ASI174MM from previous ASI models. This type 1/1.2” Sony CMOS image sensor, with a 5.86µm unit pixel in a 1936 x 1216 array, has many advantages when taking high quality solar, lunar, planetary, and deep sky object images.
- Pregius Global Shutter function with analog memory permits scanning of all pixels simultaneously. The Sony IMX174’s global shutter function provides improved image quality by making sure images of moving objects avoid focal plane distortion. This is especially helpful when performing solar or lunar imaging. Bad seeing, wind, or movement can alter the image if the readout speed is not quick enough (< 30fps).
- Sony Exmor technology uses column-parallel A/D conversion for high speed processing, low noise, and low power dissipation.
- ROI, or Region of Interest mode lets you capture up to 16 areas inside the effective pixels. This ability allows for even higher frame rates.
- High speed imaging with a max of 164.5 fps at 10 bit ADC, and max of 128.2 fps at 12 bit ADC
Absolute QE Curve, estimated the Peak Value of about 77%.
USB 3.0 Port & ST4 Port
USB 3.0 Port: can provide 5Gb bandwidth to let ASI174 run at 128 fps (12bit, normal mode) or 164 fps (10bit, high speed mode) at full resolution(2.35Mega).
ST4 Port: can be used connect with auto guider port of mount, for guiding.
After removing the T2 11mm ring, back focus length will be only 6.5mm.
Camera technical details
Sensor: 1/1.2″ CMOS IMX174LLJ / IMX174LQJ