The popularity of our previous short tube refractor models inspired us to go a step further with the introduction of our NexStar 102SLT. You'll find that astronomical viewing is a delight with this large, powerful 4" telescope. The 102SLT offers a 63% increase in image brightness over 80 mm models. This short-tube telescope with a fast f/6.5 optical system gives images that are bright and crisp.
And the 102SLT, like the other models in the SLT Series, comes with a fully computerized hand control with a database of over 4,000 celestial objects! With its pre-assembled, adjustable steel tripod, the NexStar 102SLT can be up and ready to use in a matter of minutes. Our new SkyAlign alignment technology, and the included StarPointer Finderscope with a red LED, makes aligning a breeze.
Because of its wide 1.7° field of view, the NexStar102 SLT is optimal for scanning large areas of the sky and for superb terrestrial (land) viewing. A wonderful entry to mid-level astronomical scope, with the use of an optional erect image diagonal, the 102SLT can also be used as a land-based spotting telescope.
Computerized Mount Features
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- Database allows telescope to locate over 4,000 celestial objects
- SkyAlign allows you to align on any three bright celestial objects, making for a fast and easy alignment process
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Internal battery compartment to prevent cord wrap during use
- Auxiliary port for additional accessories such as GPS accessory
- Includes NSOL telescope control software for basic control of your telescope via computer (with optional RS-232 cable)
- Compatible with optional NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of your telescope via computer