The Star Adventurer Motorized Mount Photography Kit is an easy-to-use equatorial mount that offers accurate tracking capabilities for time-lapse and long-exposure wide-field astrophotography. With a simple turn of a dial, select from Lunar, Solar, or Star tracking modes, or four speeds from 0.5x to 12x. An integrated polar alignment scope with an included illuminator help the alignment process in either the Northern or Southern Hemispheres, and a date dial compensates for star drift over time to extend the usability of the scope.
Included with the Star Adventurer is a ball head adapter with a 3/8″-16 screw to mount a photo ball head to adapt it for use with a DSLR camera. A 2.5mm three-segment stereo jack is integrated into the mount and gives the mount the ability to control a compatible DSLR’s shutter release for long-exposure or time-lapse photography. Pre-programmed intervals, based on the tracking mode selected, optimize the exposure times for the subjects selected.
The Star Adventurer mount features a Vixen-style dovetail saddle for compatible accessories and optical tube assemblies (OTAs). It has both 3.8″-16 and 1/4″-20 tripod mounts to fit on most astronomical, photo, or video tripods and is offered here without a tripod, OTA, or counterweights.
Motor and Gears
- DC servo motor
- 86mm diameter, 144-tooth aluminum alloy wheel gear
- 13mm diameter brass worm gear
- Supports star-scape and time-lapse photography
- Selectable Solar, Lunar, Star tracking speeds 0.5, 2x, 6x, and 12x tracking speed options
- Manual clutch release facilitates faster alignment and adjustment
- Northern and Southern Hemisphere compatible
- Left/Right control buttons enable manual control of tracking up to 12x
- Free lifetime firmware updates
- Built-in polar alignment scope
- Includes polar scope illuminator
- Integrated RJ-12 single-axis right ascension auto-guider port supports ST-4-type guiders
- Runs on four AA batteries
- Mini USB port for external power or for updating the firmware
- Low energy consumption allows for up to 72 hours of continuous tracking on battery power
- Includes a ball head adapter with a 3/8″-16 screw to mount a photo ball head to adapt it for use with a DSLR camera
- 3/8″-16 and 1/4″-20 tripod mounts
- Vixen-style dovetail saddle
- 5kg payload capacity (*with optional weight and bar, sold separately)