Shipping and Returns Policy
Shipping & Delivery
- We ship Australia-wide. For international customers, please contact us first for a shipping quote. Shipping charges are calculated automatically according to the size of the product/s and the shipping destination. We use a variety of delivery services depending on rates and shipping times. We may choose a different carrier from what was indicated depending on the time of the day the shipments are booked in. In-store pickup is free of charge.
- Items indicated as being “In Stock” means that they are available in-store and can ship out from our shop the next business day. Most small items and popular items are kept in-store.
- Items indicated as being “Available To Order” are not physically in our store, but may be ordered from our suppliers. Orders may be placed online, over the phone, or in-store. These orders take more time to fulfill, especially if they include products from an overseas supplier, or are on back-order. Items from local suppliers normally take 2-3 business days to fulfill. Overseas suppliers may take from 10 days to several weeks to ship, especially for bulky items that need to arrive by sea. We will contact you if the item/s you ordered will take more than 10 days to ship. If you need your items in a hurry, please contact us for a delivery estimate. Some items may be drop-shipped direct from the supplier.
Returns, Refunds, and Replacements
- Please keep your receipt for warranty claims and returns. Retain original packaging (especially die-cut foam for telescopes and mounts) in to protect your product, and in case you need warranty repair and it needs to be shipped.
- Returns for change of mind will only be for store credit and will be accepted within 14 days. Goods must be in resalable condition and in original packaging. Proof of purchase is required. The buyer is responsible for shipping/drop-off. Excludes consumables such as cleaning accessories, publications (printed matter, stickers, books, maps, calendars, CDs, DVDs, software, and other digital media). We reserve the right to refuse items that are not deemed to be in saleable condition and charge a re-stocking fee on certain items. Please contact us for assistance before returning goods. In order to be fair to all customers and prevent abuse of our change-of-mind policy, these terms are non-negotiable and we reserve the right to refuse multiple requests by the same customer to exchange goods.
- We operate under Australian Consumer Law (http://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/consumer-rights-guarantees/repair-replace-refund). If the product you have purchased has a problem, we will repair the item if the problem is minor. If there is a major problem, we will provide a refund or replacement. Sufficient time should be allowed as warranty repairs are done by the manufacturers and this is not within our control.
- For large and bulky items, please contact us for assistance in shipping the items back to us. We are not liable for items damaged due to being adequately packaged and handled.
- Please check the warranty card in the product packaging for warranty information.
- Some manufacturers' warranty periods:
- Celestron: 2 year manufacturer’s warranty
- Sky-Watcher telescopes: 5 year manufacturer’s warranty
- saxon telescopes: 5 year manufacturer’s warranty
- Meade telescopes: 1 year Australian warranty Bushnell Legend binoculars: Lifetime warranty, covers accidental damage
- Warranty does not cover intentional or accidental abuse, or misuse of a product unless otherwise stated. It will also not cover items that have been used for purpose other than for which they were designed. Warranty will be void if the internal components of any electronic device show evidence of being tampered with. Warranty will cover only genuine manufacturing faults. If a warranty claim is lodged, and it is found that user-error or user-misunderstanding contributed to the fault, the item will be repaired (if needed) and returned to you for a fee.
- Please provide proof of purchase when contacting us about returns and replacements. We do not honour warranty claims without proof of purchase.
- Orders placed online will be shipped the next business day if the item is indicated to be “In Stock”. Orders placed for items that are marked as “Available to Order” will be shipped out the next business day once the product has been received from the supplier.
- You can check the status of your order by logging into your account or by contacting us.
- Government tenders: please contact us to place your order.
All prices are quoted in Australian Dollars. GST is included for all Australian Customers.
- We accept the following payment methods in our webstore: Paypal, Credit Card, Bank Deposit. In-store, we accept cash, EFTPOS, Visa, Mastercard and Amex. There is no surcharge on credit card payments or EFTPOS transactions.
- We accept laybys—please contact us.